Welcome to the Steward Community Woodland website
***CALL FOR SUPPORT ~ 2015 PLANNING APPLICATION***
After 15 years of successful experimentation in sustainable living, we are now applying for permanent planning permission to be able to continue this project into the future with certainty. Steward Community Woodland is a demonstration of:
* off-grid living – using natural resources for fuel, building materials, water, power
* composting, reusing and recycling
* low impact homes and way of life
* community building
* transitioning to a sustainable future
Now our application has been validated we need YOUR SUPPORT
To register your support follow these quick and simple steps;
1. Visit; http://www.dartmoor-npa.gov.uk/planning/pl-devcontrol/pl-planning-application/application_register
You will arrive at 'search planning applications'
2. Search in the box on the right named 'Application number' Search our ref; 0054/15
3. Click on 'comment on application'. (To see a draft letter of support, see our News sections to the right>>>)
~ Please share this news with friends and family, via email, word of mouth or through our Facebook page; www.facebook.com/stewardcommunitywoodland
Thank you so much to those who have supported us already and for those that are about to.
Deadline for support is 6th April 2015.
We are Steward Community Woodland, a group of people who are living and working together and have been experimenting with...
- permaculture food growing and land use
- community dynamics
- renewable energy and appropriate technology
- building our own dwellings using low-impact materials
- small-scale woodland management
- experiential and home education
We live on 32 acres of plantation woodland on a steep hillside, located in the beautiful Wray Valley on the edge of Dartmoor. The community was founded in 2000 and is currently twelve adults and nine children.
There are several ways you can arrange a visit...
Volunteering - most of our visitors initially come as volunteers, exchanging volunteer time for food and accommodation. This is open to anyone; prior booking is essential. Volunteer weeks coming up are: week commencing 16th Mar, 13th Apr, 4th May, 18th May, 8th June, 29th June 2015 (NB. weeks in winter may be cancelled if weather very cold).
You can donate money to the project here.